Introduction To Stress And Relaxation Methods
These days it is easy to get stressed.
Constant contact with people and information can be beneficial but at the same time it can overpowering and result in unwanted anxiety and stress.
There are many relaxation techniques for anxiety relief available, just as there are many relaxation techniques for stress relief.
The art of relaxation and stress reduction is of benefit to the mind, body, and spirit, so we should all allocate some time on a daily basis to relax and balance the daily stress in our lives.
However, please do not expect instant relaxation the first time you use a technique, give it some time and practice.
There are many ways to relax, that is, many relaxation and stress reduction methods and various relaxation techniques including: at home meditation; online relaxation, relaxation downloads or the purchase of relaxation products for use at home; going for a relaxing walk; exercise; sports; yoga; reading a book; taking time off; hiking; massage; listening to music; meeting friends; painting; or simply resting for natural relaxation; etc.
Watching a relaxation video or relaxation DVD, that is, contemplating a series of images, is the method of meditation, or visual relaxation presented here and provides a means to relax, reach a state of inner peace and an increased level of satisfaction towards.
Either read more about relaxation stress relief or go straight to watch an Animoto relaxation video.
Contents On Animoto Relaxation Videos
- Introduction To Stress And Relaxation Methods
- Why Do We Need Relaxation
- What Is Contemplation Meditation
- Imagery Relaxation As A Contemplation Meditation
- Outdoor Nature Relaxation Video Example For Stress Reduction
- Summary On Relaxation
Why Do We Need Relaxation
Even though our bodies are equipped to respond and deal with stress, it could negatively influence our health if we do not seek some form of counter balance to the stress through relaxation. Stress can cause an increase in our heart rate, elevated blood pressure, and heavy breathing. Other affects include: digestion difficulties, headaches, strained muscles in our chests. If you regularly feel that you are suffering from negative physical symptoms as a result of being stressed, read some relaxation tips and integrate some stress relaxation techniques within your daily life.
What Is Contemplation Meditation
Contemplation is a form of meditation, a relaxation visualization which helps you relax and is the act of concentrating the mind on one or a series of objects whilst at the same time, letting distracting notions within your mind evaporate. The process of contemplation meditation gives our mind a sense of tranquillity and some people explain the practice as a method to get nearer to your higher self or your consciousness. However, please bear in mind that contemplation meditation is not a way to escape from the problems of everyday life. In reality it is a method to hone your mind in order to be more proficient at handling the challenges life throws at you. Contemplation is not about having a direct confrontation with your real life problems, or dodging them, but it is about accepting the difficulties that life places in our way with an optimistic and positive mind, and with mental dexterity and stability.
Imagery Relaxation As A Contemplation Meditation
Now that I have provided you with a basic introduction to contemplation meditation, I would like to introduce the following specific contemplation meditation guide, a guided imagery relaxation technique for relaxation and stress reduction to be applied to the relaxation DVDs illustrated in the next section:
- No Distractions – Like most relaxation and meditation methods, this technique should be most effective if you have no direct external distractions. There should be nothing that will divide your attention in any way, so turn off the television or radio, etc.
- Allocate Time – Make sure that you will have time to allow the video to finish, it will be under 10 minutes.
- Good Posture – You should be seated upright in a comfortable chair and turn down the lights if you can! Regardless of the posture you take up for this contemplation meditation exercise, you should notice that it is comfortable all the way through the exercise. Good posture is advantageous and allows you to reap the benefits from this simple meditation guide.
- Focus – Start the video and focus on the images, the colours, shapes, textures and what they mean to you! Tenderly cast off any distracting notions that emerge in your mind. The ideal attitude is to simply be aware of the fact that these notions are transitory and it is not necessary for you to engage with them right now. Try not to have any predetermined notions about contemplation meditation. Simply allow yourself to be immersed in the exercise meditation and simply accept whatever may happen whilst you are undertaking your contemplation meditation.
- Breathe – When the video is finished, take some deep breaths and exhale slowly! This breathing, or respiration relaxation is just one of the many muscle relaxation techniques available.
- Lights On – When you are ready, turn up the lights.
Relaxation is not only important for your physical well being but it will also positively benefit your spirit and your mind. People not able to relax and unwind, quite regularly experience the lack of ability to focus their mind and concentrate. This relaxation video is simply aimed at helping individuals relax by focussing their mind through contemplation meditation on a series of images, or relaxation photos, related to a single topic. The images are accompanied by music for relaxation, or a relaxation audio.
It is important to note, that this is not hypnosis or brain washing session! The objective is only that you might become as comfortable and relaxed as possible. My hopes are that these videos create a deep relaxation session for you, a brief time for you to absorb yourself in the music and images and to forget about all that is going on in your life. A time out if you like. If not, I hope you at least found it a pleasant experience!
Outdoor Nature Relaxation Video Example For Stress Reduction
Watch the example Animoto relaxation video below. The example relaxation video is for contemplation meditation and the topic of the images is the South West Coastline of Cornwall. Use the technique described with this video:
Animoto Relaxation Video On South West Coastline of Cornwall
Cornwall Coastline Relaxation Video! Relaxation Techniques For Anxiety Relief Video!
This video slideshow is an example of how Animoto can be easily used to create your own personal relaxation video for relaxation and stress reduction!
Summary On Relaxation
A little relaxation every day using just one of the many methods of relaxation available can positively affect your physical and mental health.
Set aside a relaxing corner of your home, or office if possible where you can practice your relaxation method.
Contemplation meditation is a quick and simple relaxation technique that can be used whenever you are able to play a video.
If you can not play a video then maybe you can play some soothing music, or get someone to give you a neck or back massage.
Whatever method you find that works for you, make sure you practice it on a regular, if not daily basis.
We all deserve to have a long and healthy life and relaxation could be the key to achieving it.
Are you looking for relaxation ideas or a relaxation gift? Would you like to create your own unique relaxation videos and relaxation DVDs.
Animoto videos make great relaxation gifts that you can share with family, friends, and also work colleagues for office relaxation.