Halloween Party Video Slideshow Intro
If you are like me then you love a party and one great occasion to celebrate each year is Halloween.
It is also an excuse to dress up in appropriate fancy dress costumes, a chance to do something a little bit out of the ordinary.
Traditionally, Halloween costumes are based on paranormal or mythical figures like witches, devils, monsters, skeletons and ghosts.
However, some people extend the theme to include more modern figures such as the Harry Potter character that my friend Dave did.
As part of dressing up for Halloween, people like to use either makeup or a mask to ensure their efforts are extra convincing.
Both makeup and masks have their disadvantages, makeup needs cleaning up afterwards and may dirty your clothes; masks tend to make you feel hotter and can restrict your view.
My preference is to wear a mask.
Once everyone has seen your outfit, a mask has the advantage of being easily taken off during the evening should you get too hot.
Contents On Halloween Party Video Slideshows
- Introduction To Halloween Party Video Slideshows
- Example Of A Halloween Party Video Slideshow
- Making The Halloween Party Video Slideshow
Example Of A Halloween Party Video Slideshow
Halloween Party Video! A SPICE Halloween Sleepover Party Video Slideshow! is a video slideshow produced using Animoto. A sequence of photographs and video clips show the proceedings during a Halloween party evening with SPICE West Midlands which was also a sleepover party and was based at a hotel. I shot virtually all the photographs and video clips, except where someone took the camera off me and photographed me. To go along with the theme of the evening I chose some eerie music. The Halloween Party video slideshow below is what I created.
Halloween Party Video! A SPICE Halloween Sleepover Party Video Slideshow! was produced to display the events of the evening to family and friends. The finished play length of the video slideshow was not that important and ended up as 6 minutes 17 second using the Animoto Video Slideshow Maker.
A SPICE Halloween Sleepover & Halloween Party Video! Create Your Own Video Slideshow!
This Halloween Sleepover Party video slideshow shows myself, my partner (PUSSY) and some of my SPICE West Midlands friends having plenty of fun at a Halloween Disco Party at the Arden Hotel.
Making The Halloween Party Video Slideshow
The planning of the video slideshow only involved the time to think of some text captions to go along with some of the photographs and video clips. Once the material was uploaded to Animoto I entered these text captions:
- SPICE West Midlands, Halloween Party 2010 – intro text;
- Getting ready with my pussy – a few photos getting ready in our hotel room;
- Pre-party drinks with Harry Potter & friends! – drinks in hotel room of a friend;
- Kitty in part mood! – my partner laughs as a friend gets bubbles up his nose;
- Off to the party! – we go down to reception for a group photo;
- In the bar! – photos and video clips of other guests;
- What’s my pussy up to? Wagging her tail? – my partner wiggles her bottom and false tail;
- Michael Jackson back from the dead! – SPICE friend dressed as a Michael Jackson zombie;
- The Adams Family arrive en-mass – SPICE members enter as the Adams Family characters;
- Into the pit for a gruesome group photo – we are herded into a pit like area for a group photo;
- Boogie woogie time! – After our meal it is time for the disco;
- Nite Nite! Sweet dreams! – wishing people a nightmare free sleep before some ending video clips.
In order to produce this eerie video slideshow using the Animoto Video Slideshow Maker the following was done:
- Working on my computer, I utilised the order in which the pictures were taken during the evening and deleted and poor quality photographs and video clips;
- Design and configuration using Animoto:
- I chose the “Original” style template as this creates some weird and dark background images to go along with the Halloween theme;
- I uploaded the photographs and video clips to the online Animoto service from my PC;
- I added some eerie type video clips at the start and end of the video slideshow from the Animoto video clip library;
- I used the spotlight function on some photographs that I thought needed emphasis by Animoto – that is they would have a fancy transition and be displayed longer;
- I entered all the text captions before the appropriate photographs or video clips;
- To finish: I selected the “Empty Buildings Everywhere” by Joshua Gessler and Worrytrain musical track to use from the Instrumental genre of the Animoto music library; chose the standard automatic pace option; typed-in both title and description for the video slideshow; then pressed the “Create Video” button;
After several minutes I got an email to inform me that my Animoto low resolution video slideshow of Halloween Party Video! A SPICE Halloween Sleepover Party Video Slideshow! had been rendered. I then decided to render the high resolution version of the video slideshow.
My Animoto Pro commercial licence allowed me to create unlimited high resolution videos. When ready I downloaded all versions to my PC so I had a permanent copy. Next I then uploaded the high resolution version to my account on YouTube.